“Thoughts turn into things.” – Mike Dooley, Infinite Possibilities.
“As a man thinketh in his heart so is he” – Bible, Book of Proverbs, chapter 23, verse 7.
And the list could go on and on.
Law of Attraction, Manifesting, Positive Thinking, whatever you call it, there have been many things said about it. But what is it really?
It’s your subconscious mind – I prefer to use the term Unconscious due to the possible connotation of “sub” in subconscious.
So how does your mind work?
When you first learned to walk you had to concentrate and put one foot in front of the other and balance and it was all a conscious effort. But look at you now. Do you have to conscious think about walking? No, your unconscious mind handles most of it for you.
So what about your habits, yes unconscious. What about your personality and how you react to things, yes, unconscious. But where did we learn all this? Mostly in childhood. When you were in those most impressionable years birth until 5 years old you created your model of the world and that includes how to react to it. And believe it or not you are still using those old programs which served you when you were young but many of them have stopped serving you and may actually be holding you back or worse yet harming you.
There are a myriad of ways to remove those old programs and decisions made with limited resources (I really like Time Line Therapy or TheQuest but those are for another day). The method I’d like to write about today is just simply reprogramming. Reprogramming your unconscious mind to focus on the things you want now and not the things you wanted in the past.
And it is so easy anyone can do it!
Here’s how: every morning set aside 15 minutes (I write slowly) or less and on a clean sheet of paper write out your Unconscious Command. Then read it aloud. Then fold it up and keep it in your front pocket all day. Do that every day for 90 days straight and you will do it for life.
When you write your commands to your unconscious make sure they are specific and written like you already have them. Also, put the day number on the page and at the top make sure to put the title: Unconscious Commands or Commands to my Unconscious – you want your unconscious to know this is for it and to pay attention!
Example from my list of commands:
- My unconscious mind has a blueprint for “Perfect Health” and uses it daily to keep me healthy!
- I am committed to Trust and Brotherhood!
- I travel the world over 11 times a year with my wife and daughter!
- I have reached my health and fitness goals and now weigh 190lbs!
- I give back by teaching people about investing, psychology, health, business, sales and marketing!
- I spend over and hour a day with my daughter learning and growing together!
- I have successes daily and I celebrate them, myself and with my family!
- I am curious, caring, and Inspiring!
- I am living the life of my greatest and best dreams!
- I am happy and grateful every day!
- I LOVE MY LIFE!
These commands are not all realized yet but each day I seem to get closer and closer to them because my unconscious mind helps me stay on target now. It helps to have an ally and who better than your own mind?!
Feel free to contact me with questions or successes!